The yearly event, Penang Bridge International Marathon is happening on 25 November 2018 (Sunday). The Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM) has been an anticipated run in Malaysia since its inception in 1986.
Scroll down to read about the road closure notice.
Road Closure Notice: Penang Bridge International Marathon 2018
1. The Penang Bridge will be closed from 12.01midnight till 10.00am on 25 November 2018.
2. The Sultan Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah Bridge (Second Bridge) will be operating as usual on
25 November 2018.
3. Ferry services will be available on 25 November from 12.01midnight to 6.00am at 40 minutes interval. After 6.00am, ferry services will be operating as usual. For details of ferry schedule, please refer to this link.
4a. Lebuhraya Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu, from the junction of Seagate traffic light to the junction of Jalan Ahmad Nor will be closed from 12.00midnight to 10.00am on 25 November for both directions. However, after 5.00am, from the junction of Seagate traffic light to Bayan Baru roundabout, the road will be reopened to traffic for both directions.
b. The traffic at Lebuhraya Tun Dr.Lim Chong Eu from Batu Uban interchange to Jalan Ahmad Nor will be reopened after 7.00am.
c. After 9.00am, Lebuhraya Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu will be reopened to traffic from Bayan Baru roundabout heading towards George Town.
5. Persiaran Bayan Indah in front of Queensbay Mall will be closed from 12.00midnight to 11.00am on 25 November 2018.
6. Queensbay Mall multi-storey car park is available via Bayan Baru roundabout up to maximum capacity only.
The baggage counter will be opened from 10.30pm on 24 November till 10.00am on 25 November 2018.
All information was obtained from its official website.
Penang police Traffic Enforcement and Investigation Department director Supt Wan Sharuddin Wan Omar said police personnel would be deployed at various road junctions and traffic lights to ensure smooth traffic flow on alternative roads (Source: TheStar).
Also, 539 police officers have been assigned to on duty during the event.
To all foodies, do plan your journey carefully. Those wishing to travel between the island and the mainland during the bridge closure can use the ferry service or the second Penang bridge (Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Bridge).
Share this important news with your friends and family.